There's a lot happening in our vibrant school! We’ve included all the latest events here on one page. Make it your first stop when you visit our school website to ensure you are always aware of what is going on.
We are closely monitoring the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. LCSD# 1 is collaborating with local and state health departments as needed. We will follow instructions from the local and state health departments if necessary. This is also a good time to remind you that it is still influenza season. Here are some tips to help prevent both influenza and COVID-19.
- Keep your student(s) home when they are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw the tissue away.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Please remember to send a snack to school every day with your kindergartener. As a reminder, we do have a snack break every day. We appreciate your help in this matter.
Book fairs are the best! There will be a little something for everyone during our PTO Usborne Book Fair. The fair will be on April 7 through 9. We appreciate your support!
We are searching for many volunteers. We need coaches, team moms, board members, scorekeepers, umpires, concession help, and more. If you are willing to volunteer, please let us know.
Parents, please do not send your students to school before 7:45 a.m. We lock the doors until the buses arrive. Teachers are trying to prepare for the day, and we do not have supervision for the playground until that time. It has been very cold and we want to be sure that our students are safe. Thank you!